Ultrasonic Inspection Testing (UT) ISO17025 NABL Accredited NDT Labs at Bangalore India
Aerospace NDT | Welding Inspection | Training
Ultrasonic Testing | Inspection Services | Bangalore India
Ultrasonic Testing UT is a Nondestructive testing NDT method to detect internal flaws. UT testing method uses high frequency sound waves to test materials usually in the range of 500kHz to 10MHz. Also, 10MHz to 25MHz for special applications such as aerospace.
Ultrasonic inspection is suitable for testing of Ingots, castings, forgings, rolled plates and welds. UT can also be suitable for testing raw materials, in process and finished materials. Also, one of the best NDT method for detecting flaws during inservice inspection of plants. That is to say, UT is a good NDT method for testing shafts, gears and pipelines. In addition, Ultrasonic thickness testing gives wall thickness of boiler pipes and tubes. Are you looking for UT inspection services in Bangalore? Then, Trinity NDT Labs are at your service to serve.
Ultrasonic Inspection Services | Trinity NDT, Bengaluru in India
Our Ultrasonic testing Labs are located near to you at Peenya, Bangalore. The best NDT inspection labs in India for UT testing are serving over 500 clients. Our scope of NABL ISO17025:2017 covers Ultrasonic testing as well. In other words, you can trust our UT services for quality results. Also, Trinity NDT Labs are capable to do UT testing of Aerospace components. Visit our Aerospace NDT Labs.
Quality of NDT inspection services depends on quality of machines and skills of operators. Therefore, our UT inspection labs have complete range of equipment, probes, cables and calibration blocks. We use UT machines that meets codes and standards such as ASME, ASTM, BS, EN and ISO. On the other hand, UT equipments have DAC and DGS features for flaw sizing. Dry scan UT testing is a value addition for inspection of composite materials for aerospace. Also, we are in the process of adding immersion UT testing.
Finally, quality of NDT services depends skills of UT technicians. Therefore, we engage experienced Level II engineers. Also, Ultrasonic testing labs are under the close monitoring of in-house ASNT NDT Level III. Therefore, before each testing, NDT Level III reviews for technique adequacy and issues proper guidance on Ultrasonic testing procedures. Every UT Level II technician will undergo proper training before engaging on job.
We also have exposure to Ultrasonic testing of critical welds. It is common to use, normal beam probes for base metal and angle beams for welds scanning. SDH blocks helps to draw DAC for angle beam. Rely on our services for Ultrasonic testing of Plates, castings and forgings.
You can also use our NDT Level III consulting services such as preparing Ultrasonic test procedures.
UT Testing NDT Agency | Bangalore
Trinity NDT is an independent NDT agency for Ultrasonic testing in Bangalore. We also serve, Hosur, Mysore, Mangalore, Bellary, Goa and Belgaum. Other projects include, UT of castings in Vijayawada, Tirupati, Vizag and Hyderabad. We offer quality services from our labs located near to you at Peenya, Bangalore in India.
Portable A-scan UT equipment available for onsite testing. B-scan provides cross sectional and C-scan plan view. Techniques include normal, angle beam and immersion testing. UT testing using DAC, DGS, TCG and dry scan for inspection of aerospace composites.
Ultrasonic inspection of stainless steel is not easy due to inherent coarse grains and non-homogenous structure. Therefore, probes with low frequency and larger diameter can yield better penetration to test stainless steels. We use high penetration methods for UT testing of stainless steels.
To ensure reliable test results, UT equipment should undergo calibration on daily basis. In house NDT Level III approves Ultrasonic procedures and also selects acceptance criteria. Can also use, customer specific UT procedures. As a result, our Ultrasonic testing labs at Bangalore have complete range of NDT inspection services.
NABL ISO17025: 2017 Ultrasonic Inspection Labs
NDT Services have NABL ISO17025:2017 Accreditation for Ultrasonic testing. In other words, we offer high quality UT testing services to our customers. Know more about our NABL accreditation and scope of testing.
Aerospace Ultrasonic Inspection | UT of Composite Materials
Ultrasonic Inspection of aerospace materials is vital for ensuring quality. For example, UT testing of Aluminium, Magnesium and Titanium components detects cracks and other anomalies. Our NDT labs can do Ultrasonic inspection of composite materials and metallic structures for Aerospace. Dry scan ultrasonic inspection is a reliable method of testing composites. Also UT finds presence of foreign materials in composites. In other words, UT is a good NDT method for testing of aerospace composites. As a result, complete range of calibration samples made of composites available to set the UT equipment parameters before inspection.
Ultrasonic testing Codes and Standards
Ultrasonic testing codes and Standards for common usage
- ASTM E 114 for Straight Beam UT testing
- ASME Section V – Nondestructive Evaluation
- ASTM A388 – Ultrasonic inspection of Heavy steel forgings
- ASTM A609 – Ultrasonic testing of Castings
- AWS D1.1 – Structural Welding code, steel
- ASTM E435 – Ultrasonic testing of steel plates using straight beam examination
- ASTM A577 – UT testing of plates for special applications
- AWS D1.2 – Structural Welding Code, Al
- ASTM A578 – Angle beam Ultrasonic testing of steel plates
In short, we use ISO, BS, EN and IS standards depending on the customer need.
Find Ultrasonic Thickness of Boiler tubes and Chimneys
Ultrasonic thickness testing is an effective NDT method to measure wall thickness of pipes, tubes, boiler components and chimneys. UT machines measures wall thickness with greatest amount of accuracy. Digital Thickness gauging machines available with accuracy upto 0.1mm or even less. Probes for highly absorptive materials employ low frequencies and larger diameters.
Although probes are suitable for room temperature, probes available for even high temperature boiler and heat exchanger tubes during inservice inspection. Special high temperature couplant serve the purpose. For example, Silicone grease is suitable for elevated temperatures.
UT testing with IBR approval
We are an approved NDT services company as per IBR from Inspector of Boilers, Karnataka for testing of Boiler drums, tubes and components. We also provide WPS services for IBR Boiler applications. Do you need Digital Ultrasonic thickness testing of boiler components? Call us today.
What are the Ultrasonic Testing Applications ?
Though there many applications that use Ultrasonic principles, flaw detection is prominent. Also ultrasonic principles have applications in cleaning, welding and material testing.
Other applications of Ultrasonic testing includes
- Castings to detect shrinkage and other internal defects such as blow holes and cracks
- Forgings and Plates
- weld joints for LOP, LOF and other weld defects
- Oil and Gas Pipelines
- Tanks and Pressure vessels
- In-service inspection of rails, wheels and axles and aircraft structures.
They may be flaws in the raw materials, may result from fabrication and heat treatment, or may occur in service from fatigue, corrosion or other causes.
What are the advantages and limitations of Ultrasonic Testing?
Ultrasonic testing Advantages:
- It is one among three internal NDT methods to detect internal flaws
- Detects depth of the flaws
- Flaw sizing in UT is quite accurate
- One side access is sufficient for pulse echo method
- Precleaning not as important as for other NDT methods
- Suitable for Metals, nonmetals such as composites and ceramics
- Versatile NDT method
- High speed of testing and suitable automation
- No safety hazards
- Suitable for much more than flaw detection
- Portable UT machines are suitable for field inspections
Limitations of Ultrasonic Testing
- Firstly, UT requires careful attention by experienced technicians to carryout testing and evaluate inspection results
- Difficult to establish Ultrasonic testing procedures. We published free sample Ultrasonic testing procedure and test report formats on website. Download Free Sample Ultrasonic inspection procedure
- Testing of Parts that are rough, irregular in shape, very small or thin or non-homogenous materials is difficult
- Flaws that are present in subsurface layers may not be detectable. For such flaws it is good to use surface NDT methods such as penetrant testing, MPI testing and Eddy current testing.
- Needs Couplant. Some times, special couplant for stainless steel and titanium alloys
- Finally, requires reference FBH, SDH, IIW V1 and V2 blocks for calibrating the UT equipment and sizing of flaws.
Summary of UT testing services in Bangalore India
- NABL ISO17025:2017 NDT labs
- UT equipments with DGS, AVG, AWS flaw sizing for weld inspections
- Range of probes for high temperature tests
- All UT technicians holds NDT Level II as per written practice ASNT SNT TC 1A and ISNT
- Experienced in house ASNT NDT Level III in UT and procedure preparation services
- ASNT NDT Level III trainers for NDT Level 1, 2 courses on Ultrasonic testing.
- Above all, we have one of the largest NDT labs on Ultrasonic testing.
Are you looking for UT Level II courses? Now, enroll for Ultrasonic Testing UT Courses. Want to learn more about Ultrasonic testing ? Join us at our NDT courses offered in India as per ASNT SNT TC 1A. Know more about our NDT courses.