ULTRASONIC TESTING – UT LEVEL I / II TRAINING & CERTIFICATION COURSES
Experienced Trainers, Gorgeous Acoustic Auditorium, Aerospace Composite UT Labs for Practicals
UT Level I/II Certification Courses
Trinity Institute of NDT Technology (A Training Division of Trinity NDT) is a World Class Training facility for NDT Training Courses and Welding Inspection Certification Courses.
Trinity NDT – Testing Labs are NABL ISO/IEC17025 certified to provide world class NDT Inspection services on Ultrasonic testing, Radiography testing, Eddy Current Testing, Magnetic Particle Inspection and Liquid Penetrant Testing-FPI testing.
The Best NDT Training Facility: The training facility at Trinity NDT is truly world class supported by modern infrastructure, Acoustic Theatre, Audio Visual Equipments and there is NO better place to learn Nondestructive testing than learning from the professionals at TRINTY NDT, Bangalore, India.
Trinity NDT’s Ultramodern facility is One of India’s largest NDT facility and Courses are attended by participants from over 40 Countries including participants from USA, UK, Australia, South Africa, Russia, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, China, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Srilanka, Pakistan, Maldives, Mauritius, Philippines, Thailand, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Oman, Yemen, Qatar, Jordan, Syria, Sudan, Papua New guinea, Angola, Cameroon, Nigeria, Kenya, Libya, Iraq, Bahrain, Algeria, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda & Ethiopia.
Ultrasonic Testing – UT Level I Training & Certifications
To provide complete knowledge of Ultrasonic Inspection-UT Level I contents as per written practice framed to the requirements of latest edition of SNT TC 1A-2016 requirements and to enable the training participants to carryout Ultrasonic testing according to established testing procedure under the supervision of NDT UT Level II or Level III professionals. This certification course is especially designed to provide a sound theoretical knowledge and practical skill for UT required for Level I technicians. The trainers are well experienced NDT Level III in Ultrasonic testing to provide in-depth knowledge and deliver best contents.
Technical Knowledge Requirements & Responsibilities for Level I in Ultrasonic Testing
The Ultrasonic Testing UT Level I Technician should have sufficient Technical Knowledge and skills to be qualified to perform Ultrasonic testing Calibrations and evaluation of Indications for acceptance or rejections according to written instructions and to record NDT test results. He shall not be responsible for the choice of the test technique nor for assessment of the test results. The NDT Level I in UT should receive the necessary instructions and supervision from a certified UT Level II or Level III professional.
UT Level I Course outline
- Properties of Sound Waves
- Generation of Ultrasonic waves
- Interaction of ultrasound with matter and boundaries
- Types of Probes
- Test Methods and Ultrasonic Testing Techniques
- Ultrasonic Flaw Detection Equipment
- UT Test Variables
- Ultrasonic Inspection procedures
- Types of Discontinuities
Download Training Course Outline on Ultrasonic Testing: Download
Practical training for UT Level I Certification Course
Complete calibration of ultrasonic flaw detection equipment for various types of transducers, Discontinuity Detection in Plates, Castings, Forging and weldments, Locating the flaw and Size Estimation Techniques and preparation of Test Reports as per written instruction by NDT Level II or Level III professionals.
Ultrasonic Testing – UT Level II Training & Certifications
Training course on UT Level II objectives
The course is intended to provide through knowledge, principles of Ultrasonic Testing-UT and fundamentals of material and processes such that the trainee would be able to
- Identify suitability of UT for the material and inspection technique
- Develop techniques and procedures that can be followed by a Level I operator
- Analyse the test results and documenting / reporting of test results for the same
- Be familiar with codes, standards and specifications for UT to evaluate results of the tests
The Trainers are well experienced ASNT NDT Level III professionals with over Two decades of practical experience on Ultrasonic testing of Castings, Ingots, Blooms, Billets, Plates, Rolled bars, Weldments and Ultrasonic testing during in-service inspections of Petroleum Refinery components, Pipe lines, Structures, pressure vessels, Boiler components, Power plant machinery, Sugar and cement plant machinery components and process plant equipments. Learn more about our trainers that will delight you with their rich experience.
UT Level II Responsibilities
A certified UT Level II (2) personnel is qualified to
- Select proper test technique, equipment and probes
- Set up and calibrate the equipment
- Perform testing and interpret the results as per applicable standards
- Have knowledge of the scope and limitations of Ultrasonic Testing
- Be familiar with production processes of the test material and knowledge of type and location of expected defects
- To develop UT technique for testing a particular job
- Prepare test report for i. Accept ii. Reject iii. Rework
- Prepare written instruction for UT Level I
- Guide and check test results of UT Level I operators
- Responsible for care and maintenance of the NDT/UT equipment at all times.
UT Level II Course outline
- Review of Level-I course
- In-depth study of test Variables
- Immersion Testing Techniques
- Principles and evaluation of flaw size using DGS/DAC/TCG Methods
- Echo dynamics for Discontinuity Evaluation
- Codes, standards and Procedures used in Ultrasonic testing
- Ultrasonic testing – Industrial Applications such as inspection of Ingots, Castings, Rolled Bars, Plates, Pipes, Tubes and Weldments
- Acceptance standards, Codes and Specifications,
- Manufacturing Process and Associated Discontinuities
- Evaluation of Test Equipment
- Outline on Inspection of Composite Materials using advanced NDT Equipments and Techniques
Practical Training UT Level II Course
Same as for Level 1 course + Interpretation, Evaluation of Indications using DGS/DAC/TCG. Evaluation Methods and Echo Dynamics, Beam Profile and Plotting