WELDER QUALIFICATION TESTS &IWE/IWT CONSULTING SERVICES
Establishing WPS, PQR, Certifying Welders to International Codes & Standards
Welding Procedure Specification (WPS), Procedure Qualification Record (PQR), Welder or Welding Operators Qualification (WPQ) &Certifications at Trinity NDT, Bangalore India.
Welding is a modern manufacturing process that joins two or more materials. Just joining the two members is not enough to with stand the loads for longer duration. Hence it is essential to prove that a welding procedure meets the quality standards set forth and also to ensure the welder is capable of producing consistently good quality, defect free welds.
A welding procedure is a systematic method that is used to repeatedly produce sound quality weld joints. Various national and international fabrication codes, standards and specifications are currently being followed to prepare welding procedure specifications (WPS) to qualify the fabrications welding procedures. The procedure qualification record PQR is a document that consists of record of test results on the welded coupon.
Brazing Procedure Specification (WPS), Brazing Procedure Approval Record (BPAR), Brazers & Brazing Operator Qualification (BPQ), and Certification Services
Brazing is an important modern joining process in which a molten filler material is used that has a liquidous temperature above 450ºC but lower than the solidus temperature of the parent materials.
Brazer is the person who holds and manipulates the device for heating the brazing area by hand and whereas Brazing operator is the person who prepares the brazing joints and sets up Brazing equipment and thereby direct influence on the Brazed joint quality.
Brazing Procedure Specification (BPS) is a document providing the designations or values of the required variables necessary to achieve consistent brazing for the defined application.
Trinity NDT has over two decades of serving the customers through certification of their welders and brazers to International standards, codes and specifications. Our team on Welder Qualification tests, Brazers Qualification Test, Welding Inspection and welding consulting services comprises of Welding experts with decades of welding related experience with leading welding and fabrication companies. Our welding inspectors are certified to American Welding Society AWS-Certified Welding Inspectors, CSWIP 3.1 and other internationally recognized personnel certifications. The panel of experts at Trinity NDT can work together with clients and their counterparts for specific requirements to establish Welder Qualification tests.
Advantages of Outsourcing your Welder/Brazers Qualification Tests to Trinity NDT:
- Vast Experience in establishing WPS to international standards or codes including qualifying as per Aerospace standards
- Facility to outsource necessary tests to Trinity NDT while establishing WPS
- In house NABL accredited Nondestructive testing NDT Lab facility
- Delivery of Test Results in Record time
- Economical and affordable Welder Qualification and certification services
- Ability to Hand hold clients to train as per specific test parameters and fine tune their welders to the requirement of their customers
- Facility for training welders to improve the skill sets
- Wide spectrum of welding expertise working with combination of materials for modern applications
- Consulting services to improve quality of welding on shop floors
Establishing right welding/Brazing procedure involves:
- Planning the welding tasks effectively
- Collecting the data pertaining quality requirements
- Writing a Welding procedure for use of for trial
- Making a test weld under the supervision of welding inspector
- Evaluating the results
- Approving the procedure for welding
- Preparing the documentation as per specification or code
After the testing is completed and all the relevant results collated, the results need to be assessed in accordance with the relevant code/standard. The results are then generally recorded
- PWPS:Preliminary Welding Procedure SpecificationBefore procedure approval.
- WPS: Welding Procedure SpecificationAfter procedure approval
- WPAR (WPQR): Welding Procedure Approval RecordWelding procedure test record
- pBPS: Preliminary Brazing Procedure Specification Before procedure approval.
- BPS: Brazing Procedure Specification
- BPAR: Brazing Procedure Approval Record
- BPQ: Brazers/ Brazing Operators Performance Qualification
Objective of a welding/Brazing procedure test
- To give maximum confidence that the welds mechanical and metallurgical properties meet the requirements of the applicable code/specification.
- Each welding procedure will show a range to which the procedure is approved (extent of approval)
- If a customer queries the approval, evidence can be supplied to prove its validity
‘Trinity NDT’ expertise is utilized to perform the following activities related to Welder Qualification tests
- Preparing Welding Procedure specifications(WPS) as per codes and standards
- Witnessing, third party inspection of welder qualifications tests
- Preparing WPS, PQR, WPQ
- Analysis of Mechanical and metallurgical tests
- Carrying out Radiography (X-ray and Gamma ray) Ultrasonic inspection, magnetic particle inspection, liquid penetrant inspection, visual inspection and other NDT inspection tests as the case may be, as per code or standard requirement
- Facility for Training welders on various welding processes
- Welding inspector certification for welding inspection personnel.
Some important standards and codes related to Welding/Brazing procedure qualification tests being used for Welders/Brazers Qualification at Trinity NDT listed here. Any additional standard/code/specification for qualification can be followed based on customer requirements.
- Qualification & Certification of Welders as per Indian Boiler Regulation, IBR 1950, and its amendments
- ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code Section IX (ASME Section IX) : Welding, Brazing and Fusion Qualifications
- American Welding Society – AWS D1.1 – Structural Welding Code – Steel
- American Welding Society – AWS D1.2 – Structural Welding Code – Aluminium
- American Welding Society – AWS D1.3 – Structural Welding Code – Sheet Metal
- American Welding Society – AWS D1.6 – Structural Welding Code – Stainless Steel
- American Welding Society – AWS D17.1 – Specification for fusion welding of Aerospace Applications
- American Welding Society – AWS C1.4 – Specification for Resistance Welding Of Carbon And Low-Alloy Steels
- ENISO15614-1: Specification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials — Welding procedure test — Part 1: Arc and gas welding of steels and arc welding of nickel and nickel alloys
- ENISO15614-2: Specification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials — Welding procedure test — Part 2: Arc welding of aluminium and its alloys
- ENISO15609-1: Specification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials — Welding procedure specification — Part 1: Arc welding
- ISO 9606-1: Qualification testing of welders — Fusion welding — Part 1: Steels
- ISO 9606-2: Qualification test of welders — Fusion welding — Part 2: Aluminium and aluminium alloys
- BS EN 13134: Brazing – Procedure approval
- BS EN 12797: Brazing – Destructive tests of brazed joints
- ISO 13585: Brazing — Qualification test of brazers and brazing operators
We will be glad to assist you, for your Welding Inspection and also welder’s training at:
Mr. Mohan K on Phone/whats App: +91 9141339969 / 99009 29439 / 98441 29439
Fill the details of your requirements in inquiry form at contact us page
Know more about TRINITY NDT – Centre of Excellence in Welding – that provides more welding related services such as consulting on welding, Training of Welder and Welding Inspectors.