Penetrant Testing | Dye Penetrant Inspection Services | Bangalore, India
Penetrant Testing(PT) is also called as Dye Penetrant inspection(DPT) or Fluorescent Inspection FPI Testing in Aerospace is one of the most widely used Non-destructive Evaluation – NDE method. DPT testing is suitable for inspecting steels, aluminium, stainless steels and other materials for surface opened flaws. In brief, this NDT method is suitable for any non-porous material.
Also, a very reliable method for crack testing on Aerospace components and Aircraft structures. However, detectability depends on technique and penetrant sensitivity. For example: When compared to S2 penetrant, S3 will give better sensitivity. Similarly, fluorescent penetrants give better sensitivity when compared to visible penetrants.
Penetrant inspection method is one of the NDT methods for inspection of Welds, Castings, Forgings and Valves. Also, a very reliable method for in-service inspection to find fatigue cracks on automobile, aerospace, oil and gas pipe lines at economical cost.
Of the surface NDT methods, DPT testing is simple in principle and versatile method. To carry the test, the inspector should have proper level of training and certification in Penetrant testing.
Trinity NDT has compete testing labs for penetrant testing up to aerospace standards and procedures. The unique Aerospace NDT Labs at Bangalore India can perform Method A, C and D and sensitivities S2, S3 and S4. In addition, fluorescent and visible penetrant testing also available to offer. The penetrant testing FPI testing labs have accreditation as per ISO17025:2017 from NABL, Delhi, India.
Penetrant – Type, Methods & Sensitivity | Trinity NDT Labs
Even though it is treated as the simplest NDT method, the test results vary greatly in terms of techniques and sensitivity levels employed. Selection of PT technique normally depends on application of component and sensitivity desired. Penetrant inspection techniques are categorized broadly in to
- Type 1 – Fluorescent Penetrants
- Type 2- Visible Penetrants
And, based on method of removal classified as
- Method A – Water Washable
- Method B – Post Emulsifiable, Lipophilic
- Method C – Solvent Removable
- Method D – Post Emulsifiable, Hydrophilic
Also Penetrant Sensitivities are classified as
- Wet – Aqueous
- Wet – Non Aqueous
Dry Developers are preferred for Aerospace NDT applications. Solvent removable, Wet Aqueous and Non Aqueous developers also available and used based on NDT procedure. That is to say, contact us with your test sensitivity, we have complete range of testing solutions.
As we are serving Aerospace NDT, our laboratory services have all the above types of penetrants and sensitivities to cater to need based inspections.
NABL ISO17025:2017 Accreditation for our FPI Testing Labs
Accreditation of NDT Labs gives additional confidence in test results to customers. Therefore, Our FPI labs are NABL ISO17025 accredited and meets international standards. In addition, the aerospace FPI testing equipment meets ASTM E 1417 and ASTM E 165. One major advantage with Trinity NDT is, all penetrant testing techniques including Fluorescent, Visible penetrants, Water washable, Post Emulsifiable, Solvent removable penetrants up to sensitivity Level 4 are available. So that we are the one stop solutions providing NDT agency trusted by over 500 customers across India.
Quick Contact us for your requirements on NDT
Stationery FPI equipment | Aerospace NDT Lab in India
Aerospace sector uses altogether high standards of Penetrant materials. Starting from pre cleaning to final cleaning controlling the parameters in each step is vital. Therefore, PT equipment, procedures, training of personnel has clear impact on test results.
We have the best infrastructure to carry FPI testing of aerospace components. The state of art modern Aerospace FPI testing set up is catering to the needs of customers. Our aerospace penetrant testing lab is one of the best facility available in India.
Pre-cleaning procedures include Ultrasonic Cleaning, Alkaline cleaning and solvent cleaning solutions.
Our NDT facility undertakes Dye penetrant testing DPT testing both onsite and off-site. We have expertise in DP testing of Welds, Pressure vessels and boiler components, cross country pipe lines, Castings, Valves, gears, Turbine blades and critical aircraft engine components. Timely calibrations, Daily control checks using TAM/PSM panels ensures the process controls are intact.
Aerospace FPI Testing Agency In Bangalore India
Our Aerospace FPI testing labs are providing services to CEMILAC, Government of India, HAL, L & T Aerospace and many more. Contact us to outsource your NDT Testing to us. We assure to deliver the best to meet your expectations in terms of Timely delivery, professional services at affordable cost.
Know more about Aerospace NDT FPI testing facilities.
Codes, Standards On Liquid Penetrant Testing
Even though there are numerous standards on Penetrant testing such as ASTM E 165 and ASTM E 1417. Also ASME Section V – Non-destructive Examination, API Codes, AWS codes, BS Standards, EN standards provide acceptance criteria. Trinity NDT – Testing Labs uses procedures that meets international standards, codes and customer specifications.
NDT PT Level II Technicians | PT FPI Services
Trinity NDT maintains its Written practice that meets ASNT SNT TC 1A. We engage only Dye penetrant testing / FPI testing Level II technicians. All the DPT testing procedures are duly approved before starting testing by in house ASNT NDT level III.
NAS410, ASNT NDT Level III Services | Penetrant Inspection
Trinity NDT have in-house Penetrant Testing ASNT Level III. Every NDT procedure is approved by the Level III to meet client needs. We also provide ASNT NDT Level III services such as preparing NDT procedures, Written Practice for personnel certification and layout setting up of penetrant testing facility.
Why do you need to choose Trinity NDT Labs in Bangalore India ?
- We are the best Liquid dye penetrant inspection services provider in Bangalore.
- Modern testing equipments with S2, S3 & S4 sensitivity penetrants. Water washable, post Emulsifiable penetrants for high sensitivity Aerospace NDT FPI testing. Also suitable for components upto 600mm in size.
- UV black light kits for fluorescent inspection
- Liquid penetrant testing technicians with PT Level I, II ASNT SNT-TC-1A and or IS:13805 certified by ISNT. Also have NAS410 Level 2 in Penetrant testing for Aerospace FPI inspections.
- In house NAS410 & ASNT NDT Level III consultants and experts for providing NDT procedure preparation, approval and consultancy services.
- NDT Level III trainers for conducting NDT Level 1, 2 training and certification courses on Liquid dye penetrant testing and other NDT inspection methods. Read more about Liquid Penetrant Testing Personnel Certifications.
- Strong team of NDT Level 2 certified Technicians and inspectors to provide PT and NDT services across India
- Sales and Supply of Dye penetrant inspection (DPT) chemicals kit, penetrants, cleaners, solvents, developers in Peenya Bangalore. If you want to buy DPT chemicals kit, we are the suppliers in Bangalore with ready stock today. Read more about sales of Liquid Penetrant inspection chemicals kit and consumables.
What is the principle of Dye Penetrant testing?
Dye penetrant testing works on principle of capillary action and blotting action (reverse of capillary action). While Capillary action allows penetrant to enter the surface opened flaws, blotting action brings back penetrant from inside of flaws. As capillary action can work in any direction irrespective of gravity forces, therefore cracks of any direction can be easily detected in DPT testing. Earlier the method is called as ‘Oil and whiting method’.
Dye Penetrant inspection | Applications
Penetrant inspection NDT method has many applications. Following a few of them.
- DPT of weld root run to find root flaws before proceeding for next welding layers
- Castings DP testing to find shrinkage at raisers and other areas
- Pipeline and pressure vessel weld joints after final welding
- Leak testing using penetrant testing for gross leaks
- In-service inspection of gears, shafts, valve castings, forging and plates
- Penetrant Inspection after bending to required angle to find cracks
- PT testing of Boiler tubes, pipes, headers and power plant machinery
- FPI testing of turbine blades for aerospace
- Aircraft Structural skin testing using FPI testing
Training Courses | Penetrant testing PT Level 2 and 3
Want To Learn And Get Certified To NDT Level / II after training course on Penetrant Inspection? You hear it right. We would like to share our experience through QA/QC courses organized at our Training Centre in Bangalore India. We offer these NDT courses since 2001 in Hosur and Mysore as well for the industries in these areas.
Trinity Institute of NDT Technology is a training division of Trinity NDT. The institute in India offers world class NDT courses on Penetrant inspection and other NDT testing methods. The training meets written practice and framed to the requirements of ASNT SNT TC 1A. For upcoming Training & certification schedule on PT inspection Level II course visit our Training Calendar page, fee structure, eligibility criteria for the training courses and register for the courses.
Participants from over 40 countries have benefited from our courses. The following are participants from countries whom the institute trained so far in India. Read reviews on Youtube channel
Sale And Supply Of Penetrant Testing Chemicals
Dye Penetrant and fluorescent penetrant chemicals – Solvent removable penetrants, solvent cleaners, developers, accessories and aluminium cracked samples are stocked and supplied for ready use. Items can be hand picked from our office or couriered with prepayment. Quick Contact us for your requirements on PT chemicals sales