Welder Qualification Tests
Welder Qualification and Welding Certification Services in Bangalore, India
Welding is a manufacturing process that joins two or more materials. Just joining the two members is not enough to with stands the loads for longer duration. Hence it is necessary to prove that a welding procedure meets the quality standards and also to ensure the welder is capable of producing defect fee welds.
A welding procedure is a systematic method that is used to repeatedly produce sound welds. Various fabrication codes are currently being followed to prepare welding procedure specifications (WPS) to qualify the fabrications welding procedures.
Team Trinity NDT is well equipped with experienced and certified welding inspectors, welding engineers and welding experts to perform various welding related inspections activities. The team consists of AWS-CWI, CSWIP, Internationally certified welding inspectors with more than two decades of field experience in welding with leading fabrication companies and third party inspection companies in India and abroad.
Producing a welding procedure involves:
- Planning the tasks
- Collecting the data
- Writing a procedure for use of for trial
- Making a test welds
- Evaluating the results
- Approving the procedure
- Preparing the documentation
After the testing is completed and all the relevant results collated, the results need to be assessed in accordance with the relevant code/standard. The results are then generally recorded
- PWPS: Preliminary Welding Procedure Specification
Before procedure approval.
- WPS: Welding Procedure Specification
After procedure approval
- WPAR (WPQR): Welding Procedure Approval Record
Welding procedure test record
Objective of a welding procedure test
- To give maximum confidence that the welds mechanical and metallurgical properties meet the requirements of the applicable code/specification.
- Each welding procedure will show a range to which the procedure is approved (extent of approval)
- If a customer queries the approval evidence can be supplied to prove its validity
'Trinity NDT' expertise is utilized to perform the following activities related to welding quality
- Preparing Welding Procedure specifications(WPS) as per codes and standards
- Witnessing, third party inspection of welder qualifications tests
- Preparing WPS, PQR, WPQ
- Analysis of Mechanical and metallurgical tests
- Carrying out Radiography (X-ray and Gammar ray) Ultrasonic inspection, magnetic particle inspection, liquid penetrant inspection, visual inspection and other NDT inspection tests
- Training of welders on various welding processes
- Conducting AWS-CWI and other welding inspector certification exam preparatory courses.
Some important standards and codes related to Welding procedure qualification tests are
- ASME Sec IX ( Boiler and pressure vessel code)
- AWS D1.1(Structural Welding of steels)
- AWS D1.2 (structural welding of aluminium)
- EN ISO 15614 Specification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials, welding procedure test.
- Part 1: Arc and gas welding of steels and arc welding of nickel and nickel alloys.
- Part 2: Arc welding of aluminium and its alloys